I have worked at these amazing places...
- Yukon Association for Community Living - My Life, My Body Sexual Health Program Facilitator - Current
- SMRT POP UPS Marketing and Events - Co-Director - Current
- Institute for Sustainable Food Systems - Kwantlen Polytecnic University - Stakeholder Relations Lead - 2014
- Sofia Fortin Consulting - 2007-Current
- Tipping Point Strategies - Associate - 2010-2011 and 2014-2015
- Yukon Research Centre - Communications Director - 2010
- Outcrop Yukon - Account Manager- 2009-2011
- DreamCatcher Mentoring - Program Coordinator - 2008-2009
- Yukon Government - Communications Analyst - 2007-2008
...on a range of issues important to the North
- Food Security - Energy - Aboriginal Women's Issues - Climate Change - Youth Sexual Health - Tourism Economic Development - Environment - Northern Agriculture - Advanced Education - Mining - Trades and Technology - Youth Issues - Wastewater Treatment - Transportation
I am a leader and a connector
- Minerva Women's Foundation - Women Leading the Way Program (currently enrolled)
- Speaker - Yukon Women's Forum - Social Media for Social Change
- Contributor - Walk Softly - Yukon Conservation Society Newsletter
- PowerShift Canada 2009 - Communications Director
- Creating Social Change Workshop - Bringing Youth Towards Equality Conference
- helped rebuild a community-based not-for-profit from the ground up with a new fundraising plan and communications strategy.
- been a part of a team that brought over 1000 youth to Ottawa to take action for climate change
- generated over $150,000 in contracts in my first year at Tipping Point Strategies
- led a team that secured a 250,000 dollar research grant for the Yukon Research Centre, Yukon College
- increased transit ridership in Whitehorse with a bold community based social marketing plan
- helped a community understand wastewater treatment and select a solution
- coached a board through the business planning process and helped them launch a food co-op in Yukon
- been a part of managing and operating three small businesses
- created and facilitated an immersive three day workshop to engage youth in climate change policy making
I have designed and implemented consultation strategies
- 2013 - Bio-Regional Food System Design Project
Designed and implemented a communications and engagement plan that including consultation with 6 academic disciplines, 29 municipalities and 7 regional districts.
- 2011 - Whitehorse Aboriginal Women's Circle - Aboriginal Women's Centre Feasibility Study Designed and implemented a community survey and expert interviews to determine needs of Aboriginal Women in Yukon. Research also included best practices and literature review.
- 2009/2010 Yukon Government - Climate Change Secretariat
Designed a three day workshop to engage Yukon youth in climate change policy. Led a team of three student facilitators to host the weekend.
- 2008-2010 - Yukon Government - Dawson City Wastewater Treatment Plant
Drafted a communications and consultation plan to engage Dawson City Citizens in selecting a new wastewater treatment technology and resolve a 30 year old challenge for the community.
- 2010 Government of NWT - Nutrition Strategy Consultations
Worked with project lead to design and implement an online survey and community focus groups to gather input for the Government of NWT Nutrition Strategy
- 2010 Government of NWT, Yukon and Nunavut - Elder Abuse Social Marketing Campaign
Worked with project lead to interview Yukon experts and focus test creative as well as managed launch of all NWT and Nunavut communications deliverables.
I have designed and delivered communications campaigns using Community Based Social Marketing Techniques...
- 2013 - BC Aboriginal Child Care Society - From Seed to Cedar Campaign
We used compelling videos, social media and a website with advocacy resources to engage a community of Aboriginal Early Childhood Development and Care champions across B.C.
- 2012/2013 - Yukon Avalanche Association - Sled Smart Campaign
We used roadside sandwich boards en-route to common snowmobile locations as prompts and a Facebook contest and campaign paired with community collateral to raise awareness about avalanche risk before the easter long weekend.
- 2010 - City of Whitehorse - The Bus Fits My MIx Campaign and Transit Social Marketing Strategy
Implemented an community-wide and current rider to better understand barriers and benefits of riding the bus. Performed best practices research and literature review to develop long term recommendations for increasing bus ridership and implemented a community wide awareness campaign that included information, prompts, and incentives as tools to increase ridership by 18%.
and have worked with many clients to build their communications, marketing and business capacity.
- 2015-2016, My Life My Body Sexual Health Program Facilitator - Yukon Association of Community Living
- 2015/2016 - 12 Days to End Violence Against Women Campaign, Victoria Faulkner Women's Centre
- 2016 - Sexualized Assault Prevention Month, Victoria Faulkner Women's Centre
- 2016 - Shift Transportation Showcase Marketing, Energy Committee
- 2016 - Whitehorse Business Connects Conference Coordination, Whitehorse Chamber of Commerce
- 2016 - NABE Student Evaluation, Yukon College
- 2014-2015 - Next Generation Hydro Project, Yukon Development Corporation
Designed and delivered a communications strategy to help Yukoners understand our energy challenges and explore potential hydro options to meet future need 20-50 years from today. Project including hosting and coordinating two large-scale workshops, managing all media relations, development of all educational and outreach materials and the development of an interactive online game.
- 2013-2014 - Southwest BC Bio-Regional Food System Design Project - Stakeholder Lead
I am leading the design and implementation of a communications and stakeholder engagement plan to successfully deliver a multi-stakeholder vision for a regional food system in southwest BC. Working with a multidisciplinary research team I work to craft key messages and deliver a range of deliverables such as workshops, presentations, briefing books and print materials, social media stories and much more.
- 2013 - City of Whitehorse, Recreation and Facility Services - Communications Review
In partnership with Mary Binsted Designs I worked with Recreation and Facility services department to review current communications management practices and provide a set of recommendations to increase efficiency and customer service. In addition to the recommendations report we provided a draft communications manual and communications management training to all program coordination staff.
- 2013 - Yukon Research Centre, Yukon College - Master's of Northern Climate Change Studies Feasibility Study
I was part of a team that is preparing an in-depth feasibility study and implementation plan for the first ever Yukon College Masters Program. My area of research focused on market analysis and best practices review. I acted acting as the primary liaison with other institutions and will be leading the development of the business case. The project was successful and is moving forward according to recommendations in the final report.
- 2012-2013 - Learning Disabilities Association of Metro Vancouver
I am part of a team that is rebuilding this agency from the ground-up. To date I have secured over $100,000 in funding, increased social media interactions, initiated a website redesign process, updated the case for support and helped to establish program evaluation protocols and organizational operating procedures.
- 2012 - Potluck Food Co-op - Business Planning
Worked with Co-op board to prepare startup and operations budgets, engage membership on key decisions and launch a fundraising campaign with the goal of launching an online grocery ordering system for Yukon.
- 2012 - Mt Sima - WildPlay Yukon Launch
Assisted with the development and coordination of marketing materials for the launch of the WildPlay Yukon park.
- 2011 - Yukon Avalanche Association - Board Development
Completed situation analysis research and co-facilitated a strategic planning session with the Board to improve organizational capacity. Developed a communications plan and assisted with long-term business planning for the growth of the society.
- 2010 - Yukon Chamber of Mines - Rebranding
Led the research and development of a branding and communications strategy for the Yukon Chamber of Mines including stakeholder interviews, best practices research and the development of a new logo, website and other promotions materials and communication processes for the organization.
- 2009-2011 - Ketza Construction - Rebranding
Designed and facilitated a team retreat and brand development exercise with staff. Relaunched the Ketza brand with website and other communications collateral.
- 2010 - Yukon Government department of Economic Development - China Mining
Coordinated the development of promotions collateral for the China Mining Delegation